On October 7, 2017, over 2,000 friends and friends-of-friends will gather at a secret location for an unforgettable evening of fashion, food, dancing, and MAGIC (living it up)! For the fourth year, Atlanta hosts Le Dîner en Blanc, the ultra-exclusive and secret all-white pop-up dinner party. This year’s breathtaking event is being powered up by devoted hosts Helen Mitchell, Lisa Fisher, Tina DeRenzis. If you know the work, style, and elegance of these 3 powerhouses, then you know Le Dîner en Blanc – Atlanta will be nothing short of amazing! Champagne Lanson will serve as the official local/Atlanta partner and Evian Badoit serving as National Partners.
The 2017 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc in Atlanta, is SOLD OUT, but you will not miss a thing! I am beyond thrilled to announce that I will be serving as one of your official Le Dîner en Blanc media and style corespondents. Here’s your ultimate guide of what to wear, what to bring, and what to expect for the Le Dîner en Blanc fete!
Le Dîner en Blanc Tradition
Launched nearly 30 years ago by François Pasquier and his close
friends in Paris, France, Le Dîner en Blanc is an annual invite-only elegant and mysterious all-white pop-up dinner party. Le Dîner en Blanc has rapidly grown into an international epicurean, today more than 100,000 guests in more than 70 cities in over 25 countries enjoy what has participated in the annual “friends and word-of-
mouth only” exclusive experience. While Le Dîner en Blanc has become a international phenomenon, the founding principles remain: Friendship – Elegance and Gallantry – Secrecy -Prestige – Equality and Inclusion – Sharing.
What to Wear
There is no greater sight, than to see thousands of diverse people adorned in the chicest and most elegant all-white attire! I know Le Dîner en Blanc is a celebration of friendship and fellowship, but who am I kidding it is totally about the ALL-WHITE FASHION for me! Le Dîner en Blanc guests come in all shapes and sizes. Here are some of my favorite all-white looks, for ALL! There are style options for women, men, petite sizes, and plus sizes! Furthermore, Le Dîner en Blanc is extremely strict, make sure you abide by the following fashion rules.
Le Dîner en Blanc Dress code guide
- Head to toe in ALL and ONLY WHITE and ELEGANT. All white means no ivory, no cream or any other color! This means NO/ZERO black or pops of color.
- Originality and creativity are encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Accessories must be white! Metallic accents/accessories (gold or silver) ARE acceptable. Again, NO/ZERO black or pops of color.
- PROHIBITED: T-shirts, colorful sports shoes, baseball caps, gym shorts.
- Le Dîner en Blanc is a rain or shine event. In case of rain, guests must provide for a white or transparent raincoat, poncho and/or umbrella.
What to Bring
Le Dîner en Blanc is the ultimate chic and elegant pop-up dinner party… EVER! The Dîner en Blanc experience is powerfully alluring due to it’s secrecy. To ensure its mystery and prestige is upheld, the location is kept secret and not disclosed until the last minute. Guest are required to curate and bring their own food, drinks, tablescape, table, chairs, etc. Below you will find a list of everything you should bring.
13 Must-Bring Items
- One folding table
- Two all-WHITE (no-exceptions) chairs
- All-WHITE picnic basket or bag containing your food and materials
- WHITE tablecloth & cloth napkins
- WHITE dinner & dessert plates (non-disposable dinnerware)
- Cutlery (no plastic allowed)
- Glasses (no plastic allowed)
- MEAL: Complete gourmet meal for two Example: first course (appetizer), main course,cheese plate and dessert
- DRINKS: Water or non-alcoholic beverage
- ALCOHOLIC DRINKS: Wine and Champagne ONLY. Beer and hard liquor are NOT ALLOWED. Champagne Lanson is the official local partner of the 2017 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc-Atlanta.
- TABLESCAPE: Optional but recommended: LED or flameless white candles, flowers, centerpiece
- White trash bags
- ATTITUDE of VIBRANCY: An attitude of vibrancy and elegance is the most important thing for you to bring. This is a celebration! This experience was created on the foundation of friendship, fashion, food, and fun. Dress well, eat and drink well, dance like no one is looking, and love life!
PURCHASE. Dîner en Blanc also provides a catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site. It will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must purchase the gourmet picnics and beverages on the Diner en Blanc E-Store https://atlanta.dinerenblanc.com. Deadline to place your order is MONDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2017 at 9:00 AM.
RENT. Peachtree Tents & Events – www.peachtreetents.com
Renee Roebuck – Phone: 470-419-5286 Direct: 404-574-6655 ext. 121 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: 1422 Chattahoochee Ave
What to Expect
On Saturday, October 7th, 2017, Dîner en Blanc, the annual secret affair promises an unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty, and magic as it takes over an iconic location for food, fun, celebration, and dancing set against the Atlanta skyline!
First, bystanders will witness you along with thousands of guests all dressed in white gathering all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then converge on one of the city’s most beautiful setting. The location is kept secret and NOT disclosed until the last minute.Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting. Next, the evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. Finally, at the end of the evening, guests will pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry. Le Dîner en Blanc is a rain or shine event.
I know you all will ask… Nope, I have no idea where this year’s Dîner en Blanc location will be! Dîner en Blanc is a bucket list experience for me, I am excited to share this experience with you all on October 7th!